Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Across the Universe..."

"Words are flowing out
Like endless rain into a paper cup,
They slither while they pass,
They slip away across the universe.
Pools of sorrow, waves of joy
Are drifting through my opened mind,
Possessing and caressing me.

- John Lennon

I thought today that I might post, with permission, the substance of an email I received from a dear friend who was a camper at Adventure Unlimited for a number years before becoming a C.I.T. (Counselor-in-Training) last summer, Cassidy.  Cassidy is…well, Cassidy!  There is no one and nothing like her in my experience.  She is an original.  She loves…period.

Although she has yet to graduate from high school, I never find myself thinking of Cassidy in terms of being a teenager, a child, or woman…I think of Cassidy as my friend, a trusted colleague, a wonderful co-conspirator, someone whose thoughts I value.  Cassidy has taught me much about personal integrity…being true to oneself with unflinching courage.  She is creative, kind, refreshing, quirky, strong, flexible, deep, funny, inspiring, and beautiful.  I wouldn't mind being like Cassidy when I grow up...someone authentic and true to who God has made me to be.

Here are the words that flowed out from her heart "like rain into a paper cup" recently.  She has graciously…and generously…given me permission to post it here.  I think her thoughts stand alone,  so I will copy them below without comment:

"I was reading Eat, Pray, Love [Elizabeth Gilbert] like it was my only breathing apparatus in the vacuum of what was my Christmas vacation. It is so refreshing to read or hear about spirituality and the ideas, dwellings and experiences of those who have nothing to do with Christian Science.

This author writes volumes on meditation and fervent prayer. Meditation is a form of quieting the self and not exuding anything but your ability to stick a funnel in your forehead and say to God 'I'm here, You're here too', and listen and let it come to you.

I believe that Cap Andrews (the founder of Adventure Unlimited) had these meditations in that submarine, and what better place to find quiet than three miles underwater?  I believe that Christian Science is a grand mixture of the best parts of all religions. Except maybe the Davidians and other radical rituals like cannibalism and the like.

Prayer is always healing. Self-realization -- at all times, at every time knowing who and where you are in the huge fabric of this quilt we all make up…down to the stitches inside you -- is essential.

I feel so oriented now, Kate. I want to make Christian Science, Prayer, so accessible and natural that falling into the absolute mantra of perfection is the all, the only…Our timekeeper, our mentor, our friend, our lover, our teacher, our bridges our mountains!

To Love, to See Completeness, to Know Completeness, to Heal. I am in Love with this concept! I am in Love with Love! Hooray! YES!

Thank you!
I Love You!!
Cassidy"


Thanks Cassidy…I love you too…
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment