Friday, May 15, 2009

"Limitless undying love which shines around me..."

"...Sounds of laughter, shades of life
are ringing through my open ears
exciting and inviting me

Limitless undying love which
shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on
across the universe..."

- The Beatles
"
Across the Universe"

At the time, I wasn't really sure why this song spoke to me tonight but it did.  I was outside in the yard with Mollie when suddenly the sky grew dark, the wind began to blow, and the tiny white blossoms from the towering black locust trees rained down on me...and around us...like a benediction.  

I suddenly felt so at one with everything around me.  My skin did not define where I stopped and the rest of the world began...it was just a frame for
one of the images I included in consciousness, but was not the sum total of my being.  I was as much the locust blossoms as I was my hand...no more...no less.  I was one with every single molecule of each idea, concept, and image I was experiencing.

I threw my arms wide and spun around while the blossoms swirled around me and caught in my hair, the wind ruffled the hem of my skirt, and the grass kissed the arches of my feet.  Every movement of my body was a molecular dance of intention shifting space within and around me.  Choreographed by a divinely intelligent Creator, painting the space I shared with trees and blossoms and grass and air in broad strokes of color, movement, texture, and form. 

I could see with such clarity that each and every molecule in the universe existed at the behest of God.  Each expressed conscious alignment within Mind's direction.  Each enjoyed the peace of knowing it was being divinely guided every moment, and could enjoy the dance that the winds of Spirit (Pneuma) carried them on as they fulfilled their purposes as the manifestation of Love.  A collaborative effort of molecules that coalesced as a body for helping a stranger, a plate of food for feeding the hungry, a tree for giving shade to the weary, pages of a book for inspiring the reader searching for insights. 

Each molecule a divine idea...the expression of the All-in-allness of God's being.  Each molecule fully capable of being whatever Love needed it to be at any given moment, so that in uniting with other divinely purposed molecules a world of wonder, delight, joy, affection, beauty, peace...could be painted on the canvas of being.

As I raised my face to the sky...catching petals from locust blossoms on my tongue...I felt as though I was taking communion from a divine hand.  And when the rain started...drop by drop falling on my face, streaming down my temples, washing thorugh my hair...that water turned into the wine of baptism, brotherhood, benediction.  I felt oneness with, and "
across the universe".  

I couldn't help but remember something Mary Baker Eddy writes in
Pulpit and Press:

"Is not a man metaphysically and mathematically number one, a unit, and therefore whole number, governed and protected by his divine Principle, God? You have simply to preserve a scientific, positive sense of unity with your divine source, and daily demonstrate this. Then you will find that one is as important a factor as duodecillion in being and doing right, and thus demonstrating deific Principle. A dewdrop reflects the sun.  Each of Christ' little ones reflects the infinite One, and therefore is the seer's declaration true, that 'one on God's side is a majority.' A single drop of water may help to hide the stars, or crown the tree with blossoms.  Who lives in good, lives also in God, — lives in all Life, through all space."

or as Kenny Loggins sings in
Conviction of the Heart, "one with the earth, with the sky, one with everything in life...."

Enjoy both songs tonight...and feel the breath of God whispered against your cheek with each soft breeze...

Kate
Kate Robertson, CS

No comments:

Post a Comment