Saturday, December 26, 2009

"He's my son..."

"Can you hear me,
am I getting through tonight?
Can you see him,
can you make him feel alright?
If you hear me,
let me take his place somehow.
See he's not just anyone,
He's my son..."

Sometimes I can't help but wonder about her journey between the manger and the cross.  This song "He's my son," (in this link the song is set to scenes from The Passion...a couple of the scenes depicted are difficult to watch) by Mark Schultz, found me tonight and made me wonder if, just as she knew so much about his divine appointing, and his purpose...and "pondered them in her heart"...did she know it all...

This poem poured out as I listened to Mark's song...

Where am I Father
I have lost my
bearings.

I don't know why
You
would send us
here...
here, of all places
far from
all that
feels like
home
so far from all that
speaks to me of
comfort and joy...except You
and Your promise
that he is Your beloved
son
too...


I have traveled
long and
I am tired...
this child of Yours
is ready
to begin his
reign on earth and
we are
nowhere near
a temple
or a canopy.

what kind of
King
holds court
in a
stable with
only
sheep and
goats,
shepherds and doves
for
subjects...

what  kind of prince of
peace
hears only
the sound of
a cow's lowing
to mark
his entrance
into
the kingdom
he will
govern

what kind of
Counselor
cannot yet speak a
word...
will his first language
be
the
language of
beasts and
doves,
stars and straw?

What has this
world
taught him so far?
that he
is not welcome
in the inn...
that his parents are
strangers in a
strange land...
that
he will
never know a
place to call his own?

Where are
my parents,
his grandparents...
on a night like this
when
their grandson
comes
to save a
waiting world

Will anyone
ever wonder
where
they were
or
will the story
be told
as if I was
not only a virgin
but an
orphan....

The cost of
this journey
has been great and it
is not over yet.

But tonight I
will promise my son
that he will never
know
a night this dark and
full of pain
without
his mother's
love...
without my love...
ever
even when he thinks
he doesn't need me
near

Didn't
they wonder
if the same angel
who prepared me for
his arrival
would have also
prepared me for
greater agony...
his departure...

I will be ready
I will be there
he will not
be alone...he is my son...
and Yours...
we will be there.


staying in the manger with them tonight...with Love,

Kate
Kate Robertson, CS


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:51 AM

    Dear Kate,
    She knew-oh she knew- he was so much more than the world around could define-
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete